Computer programming is a very important job in today’s highly technological world. A programmer is mandated with the role of formulating computer problems and then establishing ways the computer will handle the problems. The whole job entails analyzing, computing, working on algorithms, verification and eventual coding. For a programmer to be said to be successful, they must know all about coding, programming languages and software engineering. However, a good programmer is the one who employs the following all important tips;
· Be a continuous learner – Today, education has become amazingly accessible and cheap. While this is good, it can only be doom if you are the kind of person who hates reading. To stay relevant in this very competitive internet age, you need to go back to school, read books, attend conferences and do everything possible to add on to your existing knowledge.
· Be professional – It is pretty tempting to pass on the blame to some new kid in the block or someone else when something goes wrong. A good programmer is the one who takes responsibility and fixes what is broken. Taking responsibility helps you be in charge of your career and life.
· You must master the art of coding – For the relatively short time the internet has been with us, it has never turned out that good programmer is the one who makes bad codes. If you want to make it in programming, do all you can to become savant in code making.
· Embrace modern code analysis tools – Programming can only be a success if thorough tests have been conducted. A good program is the one which has undergone numerous tests hence leaving no room for a mistake or code error. Use the latest test tools that will help you polish the quality and effectiveness of your codes.
· Internet technology is improving at a very fast rate. Long gone are the days when a computer used to cost a leg and an arm. Given that computer prices, the cost of internet has considerably gone down, it is critical that a programming expert works on making their overall cost of making software and other applications cheap.
· Security – This is a concern for many governments, companies and even individuals. Cyber attacks are on the increase and this has forced software and application makers to rethink how to cope with them and stay ahead of the criminals. As an internet technology expert, you should be well aware of the need to make update patches that are both effective and affordable.
· The internet is on a roll. People are now able to access all the information they need via their Smartphone. Earlier years, this was only possible if you were using a computer. As a programming expert, you need to be up to date with what is trending and making your applications and software compatible with the mobile devices of the day.